Thursday, November 10, 2011

Aaoigtpaornhiahnauinha

Yes, indeed.

NaNoWriMo is driving me insane. And not just because my main character is in an asylum. More because it's Week Two (dun dun DUN) (that was supposed to be scary and dramatic. So if you didn't read it that way, fix it NOW) and I made it all the way until today, Thursday, without falling into the Week Two Rut.

If you don't participate in NaNo, then you do not know what this Week Two Rut is. This makes you very, very lucky. But everyone else who DOES participate knows about this horrid aspect of NaNoWriMo. It's when you sit there and can only type like 50 words at a time, because you just don't have the faith that you can do this. It's 50,000 words in one month. More, if you're crazy. That SHOULD frighten you, but Week One was full of joy and promise and interesting characters you had just met.

By Week Two, you know your characters and (most of) their motivations. It's no longer exciting. You've got at least a vague idea of what will happen, and you can sort of see how to get there. Getting there is a whole other creature entirely. It takes a lot of boring to get to that interesting. (Boring for the writer, anyway.)

Maybe if I rant about it enough on here, I'll be able to get to wordcount today. That'd be nice.

Hey look! It's Sasha! The spider that lives next to my desk! He/she/it had been gone for a while, but no worries. He/she/it has returned!

Oh, and one more random thing: I'm seriously contemplating trying out (signing up?) for Survivor. I've already begun my training regimen, which includes running, climbing, stretching, balancing stuff, playing sudoku, and working on my photographic memory so that it's even better. Thus far I've run two miles, climbed a couple trees, solved three expert level sudokus (in under ten minutes each!), and done handstands. Not sure how the last one helps, but it's fun so, hey. I do what I want.

That's pretty much all I've got. I have to finish wordcount now. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the Week Two rut... how fondly I remember ranting about it...

    You've got this, Hattie--you can make wordcount, no problem. Don't let your asylum full of ghost-types drag you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I did not make wordcount yesterday... So today I shall catch up! And then go to the gym for training! RAH!

    ReplyDelete

You should know that my cat hates you.