Sunday, June 23, 2013

Apartment Drama

Communication is something we all need in order to function in the adult world, right? I mean, I'm pretty sure that you can't just go blithely along, not communicating, and still manage to do well.

You see, the girl I was going to be living with in Newport News, has sort of completely fucked me over.

When we were getting the application filled out to the get the apartment (which we would be sharing with one other girl), I mentioned that I would like the master bedroom. Chelsea, whom I know and am slightly friends with, had originally been the one to get it. However, when she added this other girl and made it so that we would be getting a three-bedroom apartment, my mother and I decided that I should try to get it.

After all, I do not know this other girl. Sharing a bathroom with her would be weird at the least. If things got tense in the apartment, I'd have no way of avoiding her. Furthermore, I am not the easiest person to get along with. While I can be amiable and such even when I don't want to be, once I hit the breaking point, things get scary. Fast.

So I said all of this to Chelsea and Bethany (who is Chelsea's friend and the third for the apartment), and Chelsea agreed that I could have the master bedroom. I was rather surprised that she didn't want to talk about it first, but hey, I got what I wanted and I wasn't going to question it.

Well, this was about a week ago, and now apparently she wants the master bedroom back. Did she say this to me, however? Nope. She went to Krystal, and got Krystal to talk to me about it.

That was mistake number one. I will absolutely refuse to agree to anything like this without talking face to face, and sending someone else to relay the message is a great way to make me likely to refuse no matter what.

Mistake number two: she used the phrase "I deserve it more than she does". Whether or not this is true, that statement automatically pisses me off.

Now, her reasons for saying that ARE somewhat valid. Everything WOULD be in her name. She DID find the apartment complex and do all the work in getting us applications and meetings and such.

However.

I have no qualms with the first argument. It's in her name, and that's a valid reason that she should get the bigger bedroom. It's the second one that I have a problem with.

See, when I contacted her to see if she had any space for me in her current living arrangements or saw a change in them that could include me, she'd already FOUND Hidenwood and wanted to check it out. Both my parents and I approved of the complex, so I didn't see a reason to go looking for others. Chelsea took it upon herself to look at the complex where her boyfriend lives, and decided that there would be better.

Neither my parents nor I approved of this place. It was sketch. It wasn't as nice. True, it was cheaper. But it was a dangerous place to live. When I said that there was no way I would live there, she got all sorts of melodramatic and said that my parents were standing in the way of her having somewhere to live, and that if I wouldn't live there then I guess we wouldn't be able to be room mates.

That irritated me, but I also understood. She wanted the most cost-effective option, and I'm sure her boyfriend living in the complex had a large hand in her decision. So I shrugged it off and started looking for rooms for rent or something. My mother helped and tried to find cheap apartments in less sketchy parts of town, and found a few. I mentioned these to Chelsea, but she wasn't interested.

Well, not too much longer after that, she messages me back saying that she got vetoed over the sketch complex, and wanted to get a three-bedroom apartment with this other girl she had been trying to move in with. While I wasn't too sure about this other girl, having never met her before, I was willing to take her word on it and go ahead.

So now we're back to the present.

Mistake number three: she said "Well if she doesn't agree then Bethany and I will get a two-bedroom apartment without her. She needs us more than we need her."

Nah, bitch.

I DON'T need her. I can still get into a dorm, and I'm (fairly) certain my parents would help finance it. I can go back to searching for someone who needs an apartment mate, or has a room for rent. There is still a myriad of options out there for me, and if she wants to go down to a two-bedroom apartment and pay $100 more in rent all because she might not get the master bedroom, I don't care.

So yeah. This has been SUCH FUN. *sarcasm hand*

Stay tuned to find out if I manage to get anything figured out for living in Newport News.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should know that my cat hates you.