Sunday, October 16, 2011

Howl-O-Scream! Craziness! Whoo!

Ah Howl-O-Scream. It's easily one of the most enjoyable parts of Fall. Possibly the only enjoyable part of Fall, other than my birthday, as I hate the cold. My extreme hatred for the cold makes it difficult to enjoy the other aspects of the season.

Anyway. Back to that delightful little adventure known as Howl-O-Scream. For those of you who are unaware, it is when Busch Gardens, an amusement park, decorates for Halloween and creates haunted houses and scare zones and all that jazz. It's supposed to be frightening, and for some people it is, but to me it's just amusing.

You see, I don't get scared. After that brief stint of my childhood where I hated masks, I lost nearly all fear. People can jump out at me and such, and I just say hello. Or something along the lines of "Really? Go somewhere." So while everyone around me screams, jumps, and runs away, I snicker and applaud the workers who scared the average people.

Last night, I went with a few friends. Krystal, my brother Kyle, Carter, Maddie, and Chelsea. We were a motley crew, and horribly crazy. I think we legitimately worried people.

In line for one of the haunted houses, we played the knot game. You know, where you cross your arms and link hands with two other people, and then you have to untangle yourselves without unlinking your hands. It's super fun, especially with the variety of sizes we had: monstrous, tall, and tiny. When you try to get a 6'5'' man-boy to duck under a 5'2'' girl's arm, you create a very... interesting dilemma.

In the haunted houses and scare zones, we were no better. We talked, laughed, and generally created a ruckus. A vampire insulted my height, saying that short people are easier snacks. For five minutes I yelled at him, the prime quote of which was, "I'M A FEISTY LITTLE BITCH." Poor guy. Kyle laughed the whole time, being the 6'5'' man-boy mentioned earlier.

The best part of the night easily was after I got my lunchbox from the Festhaus. We filled it with change, and whenever one of the workers would hop beside us and make noise (usually shaking or honking something), we would shake my lunchbox right back at them. The first guy got freaked out, obviously not expecting someone to do it back to him. I believe I said, "That's right, we can make noise too! Wut!"

Several other things happened that I can't or won't remember. At some point I had Dippin Dots, as I must unless you want to deal with me whining all night. If you're friends with me on Facebook, you already know that I think melted Rainbow Ice flavour with sex would be great. Because that flavour is fucking delicious.

Pretty much, if you're ever in Williamsburg during October, visit Howl-O-Scream. You'll get a good laugh, and if you try hard enough you can make the workers drop character. Then they get mad at you, which is amusing in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should know that my cat hates you.