Monday, March 12, 2012

Let's Creep on the New Follower!

HI, IA!

That's her name. The new follower. Or it's at least her name for the ABNA thing. She's participating too, and her book is "Sydney's Song". From the little tidbit I read (thanks to Colleen and her screaming), it looks pretty damn good. Here's hoping we both make it to the next round and get to read each other's excerpts!

In other news, I'm going to the doctor later. Well, not THE doctor. A doctor. He's my parents' physician, and when he found out that I've been having knee trouble, he told them that I could come visit him after work and he'll figure out what's wrong and how to fix it. I'm so excited!

So, it's only six days until the *potential* release of the reviews for our novels on ABNA. No one's sure if it's going to happen or not, as previously the reviews were released AFTER they found out about the next round. I hope it does, because it gives me something to look forward to after working at what I'm sure will be the worst day of work ever. Of course, if they're bad, it'll just make the day worse, but hey. That's what cake is for, right? To cheer me up?

However, it's been pointed out that just because you get a good review doesn't mean you make it to the next round. After all, the judges are doing a points-system (I'm in Slytherin, so I SHOULD be fine, but only if those damn Gryffindors don't knock me out with their pity points). I could get excellent reviews, but score lower than another book that also got excellent reviews. It's all very stressful.

Oh, so my mother is looking for some movies that we can show my cousins' kids. She got these "meaningful family movies" things, and they look absolutely ridiculous. They all have specific lessons for the kids to learn, and discussion questions. I can't WAIT to see her try to make us watch these.

Well, that's about all I've got. I just got really excited to see that we have a new friend, so I thought I'd celebrate the addition. Yay for friends!

About those movies: on the inside packet thingy, it says "Purchase from us = More meaningful family movies. Purchase from Netflix, Walmart, Amazon = Money into the Hollywood Machine." Oh mylanta I can't stop laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should know that my cat hates you.