Sunday, September 16, 2012

Tough Mudder, and Maybe a Vlog!

Sorry for the super long wait for a new post. I tried to put up a new video, but it didn't want to load any of the million times I tried. It was dumb!

The point of my video: to tell you about Tough Mudder. It's kind of the best race ever, and it's technically not even a race. It's 10-12 miles long, with 25+ obstacles, which are designed by the British Special Forces. Basically, it's Warrior Dash on steroids.

I'm going to be running in it when it comes to town in June. This means I have to REALLY get into shape. I've been running every other day, and doing the "Tough Mudder Boot Camp" the other days. It is kicking my ass. And here I thought I was in pretty decent shape. NOPE.

Some of the obstacles are super intense and awesome, and I cannot WAIT. There's the quarter pipe, which is like a half pipe for skateboarding, but smaller. It's covered in grease and butter and water, and you have to  sprint and jump at just the right time to get over. Most can't, so it turns into a group exercise, with those at the top catching the people jumping. Some people even create human ladders.

There's the giant ice bath, which is a large pool with barricades you have to swim under. If you try to go over, there's barbed wire stopping you. Ice chunks float in the water, and it's kept at about 34 degrees Fahrenheit. This is going to be the worst obstacle for me, because I hate the cold with a passion.

The obstacle that is usually last, and the most intense, electrocutes you. Live wires hang down, with about 10,000 volts running through them. You have to run through them, and there is pretty much no way to avoid electrocution. It's called the "Rated R Zone" because of all the cursing that goes on.

So yeah :)

I cannot wait. It's going to be so much fun, and I know that I'm going to meet some awesome people there. Getting into shape for it is what's going to be the hardest, because I'm pretty lazy.

In other news, I think I'm starting a vlog. It's with Patrick, at least until we find out if he's going to jail or will be denied computer access for a year. If either happens, I'll be all by my lonesome. Otherwise, it's the two of us. I'm not sure what our "thing" is, though. Just being clever, I suppose. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should know that my cat hates you.