Friday, August 10, 2012

Annoying? Me? Never!

I'm sure you all thought this Josh/Daniel stuff was behind us. I thought it was. BUT NO. Well, actually, it sort of is. Just not all the way. Like, it's 3/4 of the way behind us.

So. Last night I got to see Patrick. I'm sure you don't remember me saying that he'd been detained. If you do, kudos to you for being a critical reader! Anyway. He's got a court date in September, and is out on bail now. He came by work last night to help with something, and then go to the bar with everyone. I went as well, though I didn't drink. I AM under age, after all.

Well, it came up that he still talks to both Josh and Daniel. I do not. Naturally, I asked if Daniel had mentioned me being a bit crazy, what with letter-writing and telling him about the nightmare I had. Patrick laughed and said that he had said something about it.

Daniel got my letter. He erroneously said that it was written on My Little Pony stationery. WRONG. It's rainbow-unicorn-carousel stationery. Then he read it to both Josh and Patrick. Well. That's something a GIRL would do. Boys, though, had a little bit more decorum than that, or so I thought. I figured that if he got it he would TELL them about it, but I didn't think he'd READ it to them. Of course, I can't really remember what it said (having written it under the influence of some very heavy pain medications). So there's a 50/50 shot of it being embarrassing.

Along with this, Patrick told me that there's no chance of Daniel and I being friends. He's not going to be a jerk or anything, but he'll only be around me if Patrick and/or Josh is there.

Now, that's fine with me. He could've just said that. Instead he went with the "we can't be friends because it hurts Josh" line, which is infinitely worse. That leaves me thinking that we would be friends under normal circumstances, which makes me sad. Telling me, "Hey, yeah, I don't want to be friends with you, no offense. I just find you a bit annoying" is much better. I've been hearing that for years. That's something that I'd just shrug off and say, "Oh well, your loss."

Yeah. You read that right. Daniel thinks I'm annoying. I've heard that from several people; mostly people who I don't like anyway, and who have no real sense of humour. I thought Daniel was a bit more like me and the people I hang out with. Oh well, I can't be right all of the time. Of course, I'm not sure where I was annoying, except in the last few times I tried to talk to him. Except for the very last time, I was flying high on hydrocodone-acetaminophen. Considering we'd talked about it before, he knows that I'm an extreme lightweight when it comes to drugs. Before I pass out, I get incredibly stupid.

The very last time, HE texted ME first. True, it was apparently a resend that wasn't supposed to get sent, but still. I didn't initiate it. So unless he finds my very verbose style of talking/texting annoying, there was nothing about it that was irksome.

But really, I'm not upset. More irritated than anything. Irritated because he wouldn't just TELL me, and was willing to let me go on thinking that he wants to be friends but won't be. I like straightforwardness. After all, I'm straightforward. The one time I wasn't (which was this whole debacle with Josh), it blew up in my face and I learned my lesson.

Krystal thinks that Daniel's being ridiculous, and DOES like me. She had this plan to show up at his house and make him talk to me, but I told her that it wasn't going to happen. She gets a little overzealous sometimes, you know. Plus she's a total creeper. Anyway. She thinks that I could break him; get him to admit that he has feelings for me, or at least finds me attractive. As much fun as THAT would be, I'd really rather not push the creepy slut envelope.

Patrick also thinks that Daniel may have some feelings for me. His theory is that when Josh became serious about me, Daniel turned me into a no-no for himself, and won't let himself like me even in friendship. However, Patrick also admits that he doesn't know Daniel as well as he knows Josh, so he could be reading everything completely wrong.

I'm trying not to care, and it's getting easier. I don't feel sad or upset, and I'm actually sort of glad that all of this is at an end and that I won't be thinking about Daniel any more. Knowing that he doesn't want to even be friends and thinks I'm annoying really helped to quash all the little stupid fantasies I had about him showing up at my house to declare his infatuation for me.

Anyway. That's all for now. If anything else comes up, you're sure to hear about it :)

Oh!

There's a really cute waiter at Olive Garden. He flirts with me, and gives me extra bread-sticks and mints. His name is Bobby, or Robert when he's being a big boy. He even told me when he usually works so that I can request him whenever I go in. Of course, I don't really see anything coming from this. He seems a bit old for me (probably in his mid twenties), and besides, he probably flirts with all the pretty girls so he can get better tips. True, he flirted even when he wasn't my waiter, but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should know that my cat hates you.